Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred modification form on current user post author

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pat 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Pat

Hello,

I have a postype 'membre" and have created a form (inscription-membre-modif) to modify this postype.
So, I want to integrate the form inside a specific page and have placed this code :
[cred_form form='inscription-membre-modif' post='[wpv-view name="recup-id-du-post-membre-pour-connecte"]']
The Views (recup-id-du-post-membre-pour-connecte) is returning the ID of the post membre linked to the logged in user.

When used like this, the form is not displayed. The error message is : the Toolset form inscription-membre-modif does not exist.
If I just place the [wpv-view name="recup-id-du-post-membre-pour-connecte"], then, I'm getting 620 (620 is the ID of the post "membre" where I'm the author)
Now, if I'm using this code [cred_form form='inscription-membre-modif' post='620'] , then the form is correctly displayed.
Is there something wrong with using a Views inside the form ?
Let me know
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please make sure that checkbox "Disable the wrapping DIV around the View" available on your edit view page just after the "Loop Editor" is checked and then try and see if helps you to resolve your issue?

Pat

Hi Minesh,

Just do it and this is not changing anything. Here is my Views code :
<!-- wpv-loop-start --><wpv-loop>[wpv-post-id]</wpv-loop><!-- wpv-loop-end -->
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share the problem URL where you added the form and access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Pat

Only thing that is changed is the error message which is now : the form and the postype does not correspond

Minesh
Supporter

It looks like we cross-posted.

Can you please share the problem URL where you added the form and access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it

Pat

Hi Minesh,

All info have been posted in the private message.
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now: hidden link

I've adjusted the view's loop as given under to remove all inbetween and leading and trailing spaces.

[wpv-layout-start][wpv-items-found]<!-- wpv-loop-start --><wpv-loop>[wpv-post-id]</wpv-loop><!-- wpv-loop-end -->[/wpv-items-found][wpv-no-items-found]<strong></strong>[/wpv-no-items-found][wpv-layout-end]

I can see Edit for now. Can you please confirm?

Minesh
Supporter

All info have been posted in the private message.
==>
Ok - got it. I shared the solution here:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-modification-form-on-current-user-post-author/#post-1446429

Can you please confirm it works at your end as well.

Pat

Hi Minesh,

That's working fine now.
Many thanks.
Perhaps a proposal for an evolution : having a button to clean all non necessary characters in the loop when somebody needs to get only the result content and nothing else (same kind of button that "Disable the wrapping DIV around the View" or improve the current button with improved cleaning?

Regards
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.