Skip Navigation

[Closed] CRED form preview is showing shortcodes, and not content.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author
cred-preview.JPG

Hello,

I am building a membership website with CRED. When I am building the CRED forms, I want to preview them with the preview button. When I click on the preview button, I only get the shortcodes as text, and not an actual rendering of the form.

When I test it on a page in the frontend, everything works fine.

Do you have any idea why this would happen?

I have provided a screenshot.

Thanks!

Dear Michael,

I assume you are using CRED form for editing users, I can not duplicate same problem in my localhost. I suggest you try these:
1) make sure you are using the latest version of CRED plugin, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
2) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

I think it has to do with the fact that I am using Genesis. Maybe the Genesis content layout doesn't support the preview mode of CREDS or something like that.

If it is a compatibility problem, we need to know which plugin/theme conduct the problem, if you think it is Genesis theme, you can simply switch to wordpress default theme 2016, and test again, check if it is fixed.
If it is other plugins, you can deactivate other plugins, and test again.
After you locate the problem plugin/theme, please post a downloadable URL for the problem plugin/theme, and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, I need test and debug it in my localhost. thanks

I have this same problem with Beaver Builder Theme, preview works fine with wordpress 2016.

The topic ‘[Closed] CRED form preview is showing shortcodes, and not content.’ is closed to new replies.