Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Form emails

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 117 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Unfortunately the bot closed my last ticket https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-expirty-date-emails-all-going-to-one-address/page/4/ Shane was helping me.

Last post there.

It (i.e. emails being sent) seems to work if I 'catch' the expiry date BEFORE it expires and only update the CRED form on the front end.

Probably not really that practical as there will be times that the expiry date is missed, and also I'd like control on the backend to amend as some of my users don't have editing rights to the CRED form.

I let the expiry date expire... and went into the back end to add a new expiry date in.

If I now just update the form on the front end, it wipes the date out of the backend and unchecks Automatic expire date for this post. This is not great.

I have re-entered the expiry date in the backend and will see what, if any, emails are sent.

NEW UPDATE: if I miss the expiry date and do NOT update on the front end and only update the back end NO EMAILS SENT. Once expiry date arrives post moves to pending, but no notifications arrive so will be very difficult to manage subscriptions.

Dear lindsay,

This is abnormal,CRED form will only send the email notifications when the posts is created by the CRED form with Email notifications.

In your description, there are two emails are not sent,
Q1) only update the back end NO EMAILS SENT.
please check if the problem post is created with the CRED form with email notification BEFORE post expiration date, I suggest you create a new post with the CRED form, then test again.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automated-email-notifications-with-cred/

Q2) Once expiry date arrives post moves to pending, but no notifications arrive.
Same as above, you will need to check if problem post is created with the CRED form with email notification ON post expiration date.

For both questions, I suggest you deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, we need to know if there is any compatibility problem in your website. thanks

Q1 - yes. Sorry if not clear. Emails sent fine if new post. Emails also sent fine if I updated the front end in time.

Q2- not sure what you mean re problem post created. No posts are created by CRED form?

I have two issues:
A: I let the expiry date expire... and went into the back end to add a new expiry date in. If I now just update the form on the front end, it wipes the date out of the backend and unchecks Automatic expire date for this post.
B: If I miss the expiry date and do NOT update on the front end and only update the back end NO EMAILS SENT. Once expiry date arrives post moves to pending, but no notifications arrive.

I will try deactivating everything, setting theme to default and setting up a new supplier post (I'll let you know results), but I have done a lot of problem solving with Shane already? Could you assign to him please as he has the history of my original support ticket? Thank you.

OK, as your request, I re-assign this thread to Shane

firefox_2016-09-26_10-04-46.png

Many thanks, as requested trying to set up new supplier and re test.

When I did this no Expiry date is set in the back end (this was fine before). I looked at the 'Add new content' CRED form and the data box for Expiry dates is missing (since an update). See screenshot.

Many thanks.

Ignore above, I see the update has changed the setting options for expiry dates and wiped my original test settings of three days to 0. So I will re-enter data and re-test.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Lindsay,

Could you post to me the results of the test 🙂

Thanks,
Shane

firefox_2016-09-28_14-24-42.png

Thanks Shane... maybe we could attack this from a different perspective. What is the recommended workflow for subscription based renewals?

This is what I'm trying to do.
Workflow.
'User' sets up a supplier ‘advert’ using a New Cred Form in the front end. This is reviewed by Admin who publishes the post if we have been paid.
After a year a renewal reminder letter to go out (I guess the first one only will have to be on the New Cred Form as the 'User' may never edit this form - though if the 'User' does edit this form, they could end up with two letters - one from the New Cred Form and one from the Edit Cred Form?)

Second and subsequent reminder letters are attached to the Edit Cred Form.
If they want to renew then this is done in the back end (because some of the access rights will not allow subscribers to update the Cred Form in the front end. Is this even possible?) So the Admin changes status from Pending to Published, if the expiry date has been missed and resets the Expiry Date (so that the reminder letter in the Edit Cred Form will be fired off next year also).

I am trying to do another test, when I go back into the back end to check the Expiry date I just see the checkbox. See attached.

Is my workflow at fault? Do you have a standard way to setup subscription emails? Many thanks, Lins

Just to keep you in the loop. After the latest Toolset update the 'Complete the custom search setup...' disappeared and the options for the Expiry date reappeared.

I edited the expiry date in the back end, no 'expiry' emails sent.

Perhaps as there has been a Toolset update I should start again with my testing.

Just going on holiday now for a week so will have to look at this again on my return.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Lindsay,

Thank you for the update and I must apologize for the delayed response.

Things have been quite busy lately. Also I'm going to email you the credentials to a test site i've setup on our servers.

This way we can test and ensure that the functionality works there so we can identify exactly where the issue is.

Please check your email that you provided in the forum so that you can log into the site.

Thanks,
Shane

Just updating to stop bot closing. On holiday, will look at middle of next week.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Lindsay,

No problem.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, I've spent a solid half day on this, I imported views, cred forms etc to your test site to examine but I'm chasing my tail as the ID numbers have changed.

In short I think my issue is just that:
Emails sent fine if new post. Emails also sent fine if I edit\update the front end in time - i.e. BEFORE the initial expiry date expires.

BUT
If I miss the expiry date and do NOT update on the front end and only update the back end NO EMAILS ARE SENT. Once expiry date arrives post moves to pending, but no notifications arrive.

This is a problem as some of my subscriptions do not allow editing of their ad in the front end I'd like to be able to amend the back end expiry dates.

What is the 'proper' way to set up subscriptions?

Hope this makes the issue clearer.

Lins

Shane
Supporter

Hi Lindsay,

Perhaps what you can do is to have a special edit form on the post with a simple checkbox called Renew.

This way when the user renews we can use a hook to manually update the expiration date field only.

Please let me know what you think of this idea.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes, this sounds good in principal. But what happens if they miss the renew option and the post ends up expired (status Pending)? Then you still have to make changes in the back end?

Will try and think how to get round it though - somehow we need a way for the managers to be able to manage the expiry dates from the back end.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.