Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED 2.1.1.1 and 2.1.1 are preventing edit for custom post

This support ticket is created 5 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.49 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Edit a custom post using CRED 2.1.1.1 and 2.1.1

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the form save any changes I made to the custom post

Instead, I got: no changes are saved to the post

after updating the CRED plugin to CRED 2.1.1.1 I noticed that the edit form I created before the upgrade stop saving any changes to the custom post. (i tried a couple of edit forms that used to work before the update and non of them saved the content to the custom post.
I reverted to CRED 2.1 and was able to save the changes to the custom post using the same form created before the plugin update

Not sure what causing this conflict but would love to see this resolved in the next update to CRED.
Thanks,

David

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, it seems there are some conflict issue in your website:

1) Please check the compatibility problem first, please deactivate other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2017, and test again

2) Enable PHP debug mode, copy/paste the debug logs here

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL and form URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.