Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating Post Type Relationships

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tcoffee 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I want to create post type which has a main page called "solutions" and it has 3 subcategories namely 1.Education Management 2. Business Solutions 3. Data And Analytics. Each sub-category is having another subcategory and these categories have different sections. please go through these links to get an idea
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following? I haven't started the development

Is there a similar example that we can see? hidden link

What is the link to your site?

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Education Management taxonomy.png
Sub taxonomies for Education Management.png

Hi Tcoffee,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. Please follow the steps below:

1. Create the custom post type with the name Solution.

2. Add the Taxonomies >> set as Hierarchical - (like post categories, with parent / children relationship and checkboxes to select taxonomy ) like Education Management. Please see the screenshot.

In this way you can create the taxonomies as many as you want, it will create relationship with the Custom Post type automatically. Also you can create the subcategories (terms) for the Educational Management.

Thank you

Can you provide a documentation or example of the same? thanks in advance.

Noman
Supporter

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png

when adding shortcodes from Loop Output Editor & from WordPress default editor the code inserted look like this (please see the attached image)

how to fix it? other shortcodes are working fine

Noman
Supporter

Screenshot is missing from your last message. Please resend.

Noman
Supporter

Okay, now able to see the screenshots.

This is the new syntax for Views shortcodes while using Page builders (Divi builder). Are you using any page builder in your site? If yes, then new syntax is ok and should work without any issue.

If you are not using any page builder in your site, then this is a known issue and we have an errata / fix for this issue, please backup your site & apply this patch by following instructions here:
https://toolset.com/errata/betheme-options-page-is-not-working-when-views-2-5-0-is-activated/

Thank you

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_1.png

Here it is, please take a look.
hidden link

Noman
Supporter

Okay, now able to see the screenshots.

This is the new syntax for Views shortcodes while using Page builders (Divi builder). Are you using any page builder in your site? If yes, then new syntax is ok and should work without any issue.

If you are not using any page builder in your site, then this is a known issue and we have an errata / fix for this issue, please backup your site & apply this patch by following instructions here:
https://toolset.com/errata/betheme-options-page-is-not-working-when-views-2-5-0-is-activated/

Thank you

Actually, I'm using types version - 2.2.19 and views version - 2.4.1 .
Is the problem is with types? I'm using visual composer page builder but the shortcode is not working.
I'm having this problem also in loop output editor.

Noman
Supporter

You are using very old version of Views, please make sure to update ALL toolset plugins to latest versions and then check it:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

If the shortcodes problem still exists after updating all Toolset plugins, please kindly open a new ticket for this 2nd issue and we would be happy to help. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum, We do not handle multiple issues in the same ticket as per support policy. https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

In the new ticket, please share the debug please share your Debug Information with us so we can see it.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thanks

terms.png
taxonomies.png

Thanks, noman.that's fixed my issue. But I still need help with the actual topic. I had created taxonomies and terms for one taxonomy(Education management) as per your advice. (please see the attachments).
Now I want to list all the taxonomies like this: hidden link
and also want to create a single page for each taxonomy like this: hidden link
how can I achieve this in the front end?

education management content template.png

how to create a page for education management taxonomy ? I had created a content template (see attached image)for the same but not showing on the front end . check it here: hidden link

Noman
Supporter

single solution page.png
Terms View.png

Hello Tcoffee,

1. To show the Taxonomies on the Solution page, please create a normal WP Page >> and use the VC page builder >> use the text and image elements to show the custom taxonomies on the page.

2. For the Terms page you need to create the new VIEW for each of the terms. For example, you can create the Education Management Terms View:

- Add new view >> from content selection select the taxonomy
- Set the layout from Loop Output Editor by clicking the Loop Wizard button then follow the instructions >> Save the view.
- Create the page with this view by click the button. Please see the attached screenshots.

Thanks

Education-management-terms-view.png
Education-management-terms.png
Education Management Page.png

Hi Noman,
I had followed your steps but what I'm getting is No items found on the front end (check it here: hidden link)

But I have added terms for Education-Management (please see the screen shots).

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.