Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating category list page with custom tax term image field

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by daveM 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to create a category list page that shows a grid of all categories(created in Toolset 'Taxonomies') for one CPT(created in Types), and shows the images associated with each category(created in Toolset 'Term Fields'). How can I do this either with the Views plugin, or PHP in a custom page template?

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 4.10.05 PM.png

I found the Taxonomy option in Views to create a category view. I created one, then created a page and assigned the Content Template to that View. The page didn't show my custom View if I didn't use the View shortcode. What's the point of the Content Template page option if you need to use the shortcode?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please give a test example what exactly output you are looking for and also give information about your current setup, taxonomies, CPT etc.. etc..

My original problem was solved, but I was wondering what the Content Template dropdown is for. Is it best to use the View shortcode, or the Content Template dropdown to display a View on a page?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.