Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Creating a link to an single instance of a post type

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? When outputting results using a View, I'd like to output a link to a page that would display a single result, and then offer to print the result. For instance, I'd select an item from a list, follow the link to the info for just that item, then print it. For instance, in the link I've provided below, the result of the search is three items. I'd like to be able to provide a link in each item that would load a page with only that information.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? What is the link to your site?

Here's an example of multiple results.
hidden link

From each one of these mouldings I'd like to link to a single page with info for just one result, perhaps like this...
hidden link

Or like this... hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Basically, you can output the post title with the link using the [wpv-post-link] shortcode, and when you click on it, it will redirect you on the single page of that post.

Do you want that or if you want to customize the URL caption, then you can use anchor tag with [wpv-post-url] shortcode. For example:

<a href="[wpv-post-url]"> your caption text </a>
This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.