Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create content template for specific pages

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

We have about 20 pages that all share the same layout, just slightly different content, this we can create custom fields however how do target specific pages for a 'page' temple?

Solution:

The simplest way is:

Find and edit those specific pages, in section "content template" choose the specific content template manually

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pete 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi there,

Can I create a content template for specific pages? We've done this for custom post types however these have specific taxonomies and categories so we can target those.

We have about 20 pages that all share the same layout, just slightly different content, this we can create custom fields however how do target specific pages for a 'page' temple?

Many thanks.

ct-section.JPG

Hello,

The simplest way is:
Find and edit those specific pages, in section "content template" choose the specific content template manually, see my screenshot ct-section.JPG

If you want to use custom codes to specific page content template, please check filter hook "wpv_filter_force_template":
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views-filters/#wpv_filter_force_templateFilters the ID of the Content Template that is going to be applied to a post.
See the example codes of above document

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.