Skip Navigation

[Closed] CPT Sidebar

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Okay, I've lost my mind. I've got a bunch of CPTs that are just fine, but I'm doing something wrong with this one.

I can't get the custom sidebar for this one to print.

It's a post called "Vacation Houses." I've added the sidebar call to functions, made a post type, etc. But it isn't adding the sidebar.

Can you help? Thank you.

hidden link

Hello,

How do you setup the sidebar?
If it is from your theme, then it depends on your theme file, for example, you can follow WP document to create a theme template file for the single "Vacation Houses" post:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#single-post
And display the side in above theme template file.

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 3.04.32 PM.png

Hi, Luo, and thank you.

I have 22 CPTs, all of which have a sidebar setup in functions and coded in widgets.

Toolset Content Template works only in the post content area, the sidebar is outside of content area, so you need to check your theme support for it.

I have checked the URL you provided above, it seems that you are using Genesis theme, then I have searched it in Google, and found some related threads, for example:
hidden link
For your reference.

As I said, I have 22 CPTs that are working with this sidebar method.

I don't need a plugin. I've obviously done something wrong with the Sales CPT. I'm looking for help.

Perhaps you can re-assign this to someone else?

Thank you.

Please provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem post type URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Hi, Luo. Did you get my private message? I sent it last week, or a few days ago. Thank you.

Unfortunately, I don't see your "private message" in this thread, please provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem post type URL.

Private message box enabled again

The topic ‘[Closed] CPT Sidebar’ is closed to new replies.