Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Count Child Posts

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jonE-2 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: get a count of child posts. I need to count the number of child posts called Offers. The parent is Listings. I am developing a content template that lists all Listings. I want the count of offers for each listing to be displayed.

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-display-count-of-child-pages/

I expected to see: an answer that is applicable.

Instead, I got: same problem

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Let me see how best I can assist with this.

You should be able to achieve this by using the following shortcode.
https://toolset.com/documentation/views-shortcodes/#wpv-items-count

It allows you to display the number of items found in a post view. You should add this shortcode to the view that displays the child posts within the [wpv-items-found] shortcode.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane,
Thank you for the response. I have been sidetracked with another issue, but I will address your suggestion soon and report back to you.
Thank You!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jon,

Please let me know as soon as you try this.
Thanks,
Shane

count-offers.jpg

I used shortcode [wpv-items-found] and wrapped the loop output. Please see the image.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.