Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template not displayed

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
posteceg.png
content_temp_1.png
content_temp_2.png

I am trying to:
Set a content template to my post. I think that everything is well configured but
the content template does not replace the default template of the theme.

I visited this URL: hidden link
It's the same problem for all the posts

I expected to see: the post with the elements I've set in the content template (see screenshots)

Instead, I got: the default theme template

Do I have to create a single post template in the child theme? How?
Thanks

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Benoît,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I have taken a look at the screenshots and the page link. And I have just checked this at my test site and its working as expected, I am not able to reproduce this issue at my end.

1. Please make sure all Toolset plugins are updated to latest versions as a primary check:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2. Please clear out your website cache, plugins cache (SG Cache), browser cache too and check if it resolves the issue?

3. If issue still exists, then please share your Debug Information with us so we can see it. I have enabled debug info box for your next reply:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you

Toolset Dashboard ‹ ECEG — WordPress.png

Hi Noman,

Thanks for your answer. I've updated types and views but it doesn't fix the problem.
I've pasted the debug info and I've made another screenshot to show that the content template is well selected for blog post.

For instance, this post should use the content template instead of the default template from the theme but it doesn't
hidden link

Thanks

Noman
Supporter

1.png
2.png

Hello Benoît,

Thank you for sharing the debug info, everything looks fine there except the cache plugin. And yes the content template selection is good.

1. But have you cleared SG Optimizer cache like I said previously? I would also suggest to temporarily disable it for debugging. I can see post title, date and body text in the page you have sent (see 1.png attached) and I see different results in both the pages which usually indicates some cache issue.

2. It can also be some compatibility with the theme, can you please also try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins and switching back to the Default Theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme) to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

3. If issues still exists, please Enable WordPress debugging in your site and look for any errors in error_log.txt file: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

Thank you

test_toolset_3.jpg
test_toolset_2.jpg
test_toolset_1.jpg

Hello Noman,

1. I've cleared SG Optimizer cache several times

2. As you can see on the screenshot, I've deactivated all third party plugins and set the default theme but the problem stays.

3. I've Enable WordPress debugging and tollset debuging and I see no error

Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hello Benoît,

To debug this issue further, I will need to take a look at your setup. So I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your staging site.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Looking forward to help you, Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Filter and Loop output.png

Hello Benoît,

Thank you for providing login details. I am working on the main issue and will get back to you soon with an update.

2. How can I move the pagination (previous and next + dots) below the slider instead of above?
>> To display the slider above and dots below, you need to revert the order of two shortcodes in “Filter and Loop Output Integration Editor” like this (please see attached screenshot):

[wpv-layout-meta-html]
[wpv-filter-meta-html]

For more details: https://toolset.com/documentation/toolset-training-course/part-5-sliders/

For point 1 and 3. Please kindly open new separate tickets and we will help you to resolve that issue as well. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum, I am not allowed to handle multiple issues in the same ticket.

Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hello Benoît,

I have created a new Content template and assigned it on your post and new test post. It is displaying the content template perfectly.
Test Content Template: hidden link
Test Post: hidden link
This is your post: hidden link

Your content template is somehow broken, please create a new content template or use the one which I have created.

Have a great weekend,
Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.