Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Template for The Events Calendar

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

After trying and failing to build a Toolset based Events system, I'm taking another look at The Events Calendar which generally seems to be recommended looking at other support tickets. However, I came across this - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/events-calendar-by-modern-tribe/ - is it still the case that Toolset is unable to design the content template for the single events?

From my experiments, if the classic editor is used, anything I build in Toolset seems to just go in the post content area rather than replacing the default template, and if the block editor is used (which is what we will be using), anything designed in Toolset doesn't appear at all.

Thanks

Hello,

I assume we are talking about "The Events Calendar" plugin, download from:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/

Toolset Views/Blocks plugin is using WordPress built-in filter hook "the_content" to render post content template
https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/hooks/the_content/

but "The Events Calendar" plugin is using a custom template file to render single "event" post, by default, it is plugin file:
/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php
This file does not use filter hook "the_content", but use custom codes to render the "event" post information.

In order to make Toolset content template to take effect for single "event" post, you need to follow their document to create a theme file with WP function the_content(), for example, copy plugin file /the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php, and save it as theme file [your-theme]/tribe-events/single-event.php

Edit above theme file, customize it as what you want, add a line PHP codes:

<?php the_content()?>

Toolset Content template will work within the range of above line.

See their document:
hidden link

Thanks Luo, that's really helpful. I'll give that a go and report back.

Please update here if you need more assistance for it. thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.