Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template for Post Mass Update

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dmitryK-2 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Hi, can you please provide solution how to mass update "Content template" value in Posts (I have more 1000 posts) and to make mass change - switch that value to 'None' in all the posts by hands is very time consuming

I Tooset settings already disabled setting for Content template for Posts, but that doesn;t changed assignments in old Posts

Please help

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand - you want to unassigned the content template to your single post. If this is true:

What if you navigate to: Toolset => Content Templates => click on tab "Usage for single page" and then click on the link "Change Content Template" available with your desired post type and chose the option "Don’t use any Content Template" and click on update button.

Then, you will notice a "clear X Post type name" button will appear. For example, if you have "book" post type with 10 posts attached to your existing content template, the button will show you "Clear 10 books". Click on that button and I hope you will be able to resolve your issue by following these steps.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.