Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template disappeared

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Stina 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I sent a support ticket on Saturday and got an e-mail saying: "Hi Stina, We received your support ticket. Toolset support is in weekend mode until Monday. During the weekend we have limited support capacity and we are pretty sure that we will be able to reply only on Monday when everyone is back at work."

Though I can't find the ticket here and the link is broken. I hope this will work. Could you please put this inline as if it was posted on Saturday, the site is taken down.

Since an upgrade, all content templates were gone. Now some are back, but the one for single products is still missing and we can't restore it, link a new one or find a way around the problem. We have read all the related support threads and googled a lot. Nothing solves the problem.

Grateful for all help
Stina

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Once I loggedin to your site and visited the single post template listing page:
=> hidden link

You will see the button in red color "Bind 158 products" , Can you please click on that button and try to resolve your issue.

Sorry, it didn't fix it. And we can't find the custom template we made for products.
Grateful for any further ideas.

Minesh
Supporter

hidden link
==>
I can see only three templates with the content template listing page and out of three one template is assigned to product.

The content template listing screen used to display all content templates you created. Have you created another content template for product ?

I also checked the database and I can see that there are only three templates available.

Yes, this is our problem, the nice content template we build for products is gone, and we can't figure out how to either:
1. restore the one that is gone, if possible.
2. rebuild the template that is in use now, the empty one so it looks like before. The problem is that if we use the top bar and choose "Edit template for products" that template doesn't apply to the products.
3. or connect the products to a template we can configure.
Are there some settings in WooCommerce Blocks that we are missing?

Minesh
Supporter

1. restore the one that is gone, if possible.
==>
I do not see any way to restore the template as there is no other template available.

2. rebuild the template that is in use now, the empty one so it looks like before. The problem is that if we use the top bar and choose "Edit template for products" that template doesn't apply to the products.
==>
You should rebuild your template and then visit the content template listing page that list the single content templates:
- hidden link

And then make sure you click the button "Bind ## products" if available.
-
3. or connect the products to a template we can configure.
==>
You can connect the products to remplate using the button "Bind XX products" on single product listing page.
- hidden link

Can you finalize your product template and try to bind products to that template using button "Bind ## products". If you have any issues, please let me know.

2. In the list of content templates that I reach through the link you provided, I click the link to "Templates for images" (I changed the name) and I end up at a content template that I can change. The same template I've been to many times.
If I chose "View on the front end" it shows up as it should. If I go to any product from the front end, nothing shows.
All products are bind to the template. I've switched back and forth between None and the "Templates for images", the None shows some info, the template nothing.
I've been working with Toolset for ten years, though not together with woo-commerce and WPML. Something is strange here.

Minesh
Supporter

I re-visit the content template listing page that list the single content templates:
- hidden link

And then I see the button "Bind ## products" and I clicked on that button and now I can see that the product post is displaying the correct template:
=> hidden link

If you see the content template you currently assigned is detached automatically, please keep eye on what action/step the currently assigned content template is detached from product post type.

For now, it seems all OK.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.