Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Template changes not appearing

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Create a Content Template for my Posts. It should include a feature image. Even though I see this in the back end, it doesn't appear on the front end. Here's what I've done:
- make sure my Content Template was assigned to Posts
- make sure the original Post had a featured image

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I've put together an explainer here:
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
The Post in question is here: hidden link

Can you explain a bit more about how the featured image is added to your Block Editor design? Is it an image cell inside a Container cell, or something else? How is the text added above it? Any screenshots you can provide will be helpful.

Hi Christian:

Thanks for coming back to me on this. I just realized I need to confirm a bit more info with someone on our end, but I still may need your help. I'll come back ASAP.

Kind regards, Russell

Okay sure, I'll stand by. Thanks for the update.

Hi Christian. I think I worked it out: our SEO guy made both a post and a page with the same name. I only realized this later. When I deleted the page, the post and its Content Template started to work as expected. And the other issue I flagged of the Toolset Dashboard showing single.php being used for Pages and pages.php being used for Posts also got straightened out.

So I can close this down and not bother you with it. Thanks anyhow for being there and I'm sure I'll be back later with some other issue.

Kind regards, Russell

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.