Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Layout Editor not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I get some PHP errors when edit a layout:

Instead, I got: this error message: "Warning: include_once(templates/editor_box_private.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ../wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/gui/editor/editor.php on line 751

Solution:

You are using old version of Toolset plugins.

It will conduct unexpected result, I suggest you upgrade all Toolset plugins to the latest versions, and test again.

You can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by russellH-3 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screenshot 2018-11-20 at 10.00.43.png

I am trying to: Edit a page using the Content Layout Editor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: It's more of a back-end issue. I've attached a screengrab of the error message. but the front end is here: hidden link.

I expected to see: the normal Content Layout Editor

Instead, I got: this error message: "Warning: include_once(templates/editor_box_private.tpl.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c02/h02/mnt/17581/domains/seamless2018.compoundeyedesign.com/html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/gui/editor/editor.php on line 751

"Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'templates/editor_box_private.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.6.21/share/pear') in /nfs/c02/h02/mnt/17581/domains/seamless2018.compoundeyedesign.com/html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/inc/gui/editor/editor.php on line 751"

Hi,

You are using old version of Toolset plugins:
- Toolset Layouts 2.1 (The latest version is 2.4.3)
- Toolset Views 2.5 (The latest version is 2.6.4.2)

It will conduct unexpected result, I suggest you upgrade all Toolset plugins to the latest versions, and test again.

You can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Hi there:

Aha, thanks for that. That seems pretty obvious, I'm sorry I didn't get it earlier. I assumed WordPress would notify me that my plugins were out of date.

I have registered this site in my Toolset account. Where do I enter the site key? I've been looking around in Toolset > Settings but don't see it. If I put in a site key will I be told when future updates are available?

Thanks for your help so far.

Kind regards, Russell

Hi there:

Sorry, I figured it out: I needed to have the Types plugin installed as well.

My issue is resolved now. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards, Russell

My issue was caused by out-of-date plugins. It would've been an easy fix if my installed plugins would've notified me to enter a site key. It turns out I had to insall the Types plugin to get these updates, but I didn't know that was part of Types' functionality. Maybe this is something that could be changed so other people don't run into the same issue? Otherwise, I love your software — it's a minor complaint!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.