Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content isn't editable

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
24-06-_2020_20-52-09.png

1,5 years ago I created a site using Divi and Toolset. I created a custom taxonomy, a content template and a custom archive to use it for this: hidden link

You can see the this taxonomy sites can be entered from different points of the website (for example on the start page at the bottom). Now my customer wants me to edit this taxonomy-pages. If I want to edit the content template there are no options as you can see on the attached image.

What do I need to do to edit the pages?
Unfortunately the customer wants the sites to be edited very fast.

Thanks in advance

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

From your debug info it looks like your Toolset plugins are out of date, so the first thing to do would be to update them.

It may be that since you made the site you upgraded from Divi 3 to Divi 4?

Toolset doesn't work well with the new Divi editor in Divi4. You can change the Divi settings to use the Classic Divi editor, although people report that this has become slow to work with. It should work, but you may need to be patient.

The advice for new sites is to not mix Divi and Toolset on the same pages given the compatibility issues that have appeared with the major updates from Divi. (See https://toolset.com/2020/01/how-to-build-advanced-sites-with-toolset-and-divi/.) I realise that doesn't help with your current site, I'm sharing that for information.

Let me know if you can edit the templates with the updated version of Toolset plugins and using the classic Divi editing experience.

Hello Nigel, thank you for your feedback.
I've updated Toolset and it seems that the content can be edited again. But I need to test it out first.

Yes the site was made with Divi 3 and was updated later to Divi 4.
You wrote that Divi and Toolset are having some compatibility issues... So whats the best way to handle with websites that are created like the mentioned website of my customer? Do I need to rebuild all parts of the site which are mixing Divi und Toolset elements?

Toolset offers me the possibility to create content templates with the Divi Builder. Ist this a point we can use in future safely?
And ist it possible to insert Toolset Views within my Divi Layouts? Or is this the point you mentioned about mixing Divi and Toolset on the same page.

Thanks already.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I think the problems mainly arise in the old workflow of creating Toolset Content Templates and editing them with Divi. If you set the Divi settings to use the classic editor, this should still work, but may be slow (and means you can't use the new Divi editor elsewhere on the site).

If you only need to make occasional changes this may be okay.

If you need to make more significant changes to a site this may become too much of an issue, and you may want to either redesign the same templates using Toolset only (with the new Toolset Blocks), or switch to using the new Divi templating functionality (and avoiding using Toolset on the same pages).

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.