Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Container background image | Display on mobile devices

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matthiasK-3 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
DuckDuckGo_iPhone13mini.jpg
Chrome_iPhone13mini.jpg
Safari_iPhone13mini.jpg
Chrome Windows 10.jpg

For a portfolio page I define a container with a backgroung image (dynamic source) with the size "Cover", horizontal position "Center" and "fixed position". So far so fine for a desktop browser, see e.g. hidden link. It also looks fine when simulating mobile devices with a desktop browser, see attached screenshot Chrome Windows 10.

However with a real mobile device like iPhone 13 mini it looks very odd: It shows only a small part of the center image and the backgroud image is not fixed any more. Attached are screenshots from Safari, Chrome, and DuckDuckGo.

What can I do to get the background image as cover and in fixed position also for mobile devices?

Is there a similar example that we can see? All portfolios at our webpage are showing the same behaviour.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

android.jpg

Hello,

I have tried the URLs you mentioned above with my android phone, it works fine, see my screenshot android.JPG
It seems the problem only occurs in IOS device, I have searched it in Google, and found some related threads, for example:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24154666/background-size-cover-not-working-on-ios#answers-header
can you try the CSS solution of above thread?

Thanks for the hint!
However I still have problems to manage the recommended CSS.
One suggested solution was related to the fix the body:after, which doesn't help me as I use images from Dynamic Source for the background of a Toolset container.
I tried to define a dedicated class and assign it to the container but without success. Also the recommendation to unselect "fixed position" doesn't help on my iPhone device.
So if you have further ideas, please let me know!

Can you try the head answer of that thread:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24154666/background-size-cover-not-working-on-ios#answers-header
background-attachment:scroll

If you still need assistance for it, please provide a test site with the same problem. I can setup a demo for you

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.