Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict with WP Astra and Toolset

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dbarber 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

After recent updates to Astra and Toolset, I found that sites using a custom loop would no longer output the loop. Instead they would only output the content from the page they were added to.

I contacted the Astra support team and they provided the following code, which "fixed" the issue:

function remove_inner_group_container_filter( $block_content, $block ) {

$group_with_inner_container_regex = '/(^\s*<div\b[^>]*wp-block-group(\s|")[^>]*>)(\s*<div\b[^>]*wp-block-group__inner-container(\s|")[^>]*>)((.|\S|\s)*)/';

if (
( isset( $block['blockName'] ) && 'core/group' !== $block['blockName'] ) ||
1 === preg_match( $group_with_inner_container_regex, $block_content )
) {
return $block_content;
}

$replace_regex = '/(^\s*<div\b[^>]*wp-block-group[^>]*>)(.*)(<\/div>\s*$)/ms';

$updated_content = preg_replace_callback(
$replace_regex,
function( $matches ) {
return $matches[1] . $matches[2] . $matches[3];
},
$block_content
);

return $updated_content;
}

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'remove_render_block_filter' );

function remove_render_block_filter() {
remove_all_filters( 'render_block' );
add_filter( 'render_block', 'remove_inner_group_container_filter', 99, 2 );
}

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the solution, it will help other users.

Did you need more assistance for it?

Hi Luo

I was hoping that there might be an update coming to Toolset that would address the issue, rather than having to rely on a workaround.

If that's not going to be the case, please just let me know.

As I understand from the custom codes you mentioned above, Astra plugin/them was using filter hook render_block to change outputs of all WordPress blocks, and above codes can remove their custom filters when this block is a non WordPress built-in(core/group) block.

I don't think we can apply their custom codes in Toolset plugins, you might ask Astra support to apply their fix in Astra plugin/theme

Thanks, Luo. I'll follow up with the Astra support team.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.