Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict with Layout/Divi Integration & Tribe Events Calendar

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Get my Tribe Events Calendar plugin to work .... However when I go to my events archive page it will only pull the most recent event. If I turn off the Divi Layouts Integration plugin it works as expected.

Screenshot with Toolset Divi Integration & Toolset Layouts turned on: hidden link
Screenshot with Toolset Divi Integration & Toolset Layouts turned off: hidden link

HELP!!!!

637.JPG

Dear Rachel,

Thanks for the details, I tried to duplicate the problem in my localhost, but what I see is different from your description, here is the steps, please correct my if there is anything missing
1) Install Layouts + Toolset Divi Integration + Tribe Events Calendar plugin + Divi theme
2) Create some "Event" posts
3) View the archive page of post type "Event" in front-end,
I see the screenshot 637.JPG
There isn't any recent "Event" posts, and there are a lots of javascript errors, for example:
waypoints.min.js?ver=2.7.5:7 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input
tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.1.3:1 ["TEC Debug: Tribe Events JS init, Init Timer started from tribe-events.js."]
tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.1.3:1 TEC Debug: Browser and events settings information:
tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.1.3:1 ["TEC Debug: tribe-events.js successfully loaded"]
tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.1.3:1 ["TEC Debug: bootstrapDatepicker was just initialized in "tribe-events-bar.js" on:", a.fn.init]
tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.1.3:1 ["TEC Debug: tribe-events-bar.js successfully loaded"]
tribe-events.min.js?ver=4.1.3:1 ["TEC Debug: tribe-events-ajax-list.js successfully loaded"]

Before I put it into our to-do list, please check these in your website:
Deactivate other plugins and switch to original Divi theme, and test again, confirm we are talking about the same problem. thanks

I still have the error. this is the site: hidden link

I see only the most recent event... I want to see the calendar.

If I deactivate "Layouts" I can see my calendar.

Im having a panic attack, I need to push this website live this weekend, any ideas for a short term work around?? Do you want login to see the error yourself?

Rachel

I understand there are compatibility problems with Tribe Events Calendar, please help us duplicate same problem with detail steps, I need debug it in my localhost, if we can locate the problem, then we can try to fix it.

I assume we are talking about the plugin download from:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/

1) Install Layouts + Toolset Divi Integration + Tribe Events Calendar plugin + Divi theme
2) Create some "Event" posts
3) View the archive page of post type "Event" in front-end,
I see the screenshot 637.JPG
hidden link

I suggest you try this:
Deactivate other plugins and switch to original Divi theme, and test again, confirm we are talking about the same problem. thanks

Yes that is the plugin.

I tried duplicating the error in a different environment and I get the same error as your screenshot. In that environment I followed the three steps you described. I only see the error (in either environment) when I have Layouts Plugin activated.

So for now, I am giving up and am going to find another calendar option. But the bug still exists. 🙁

Thanks for the feedback, I put it into our to-do list, our developers will take care of it.

The ticket is still in our to-do list, our developers are working on it, I will update this thread if there is any news.

there is a fix, please try this:
Create a theme file "archive-tribe_events.php" in your theme folder, with below codes:

<?php

if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    die( '-1' );
}

if ( defined( 'WPDDL_VERSION' ) && is_ddlayout_assigned() ) :
    get_header( 'layouts', 'events-default');
        the_ddlayout( 'events-default' );
    get_footer( 'layouts' );
else:

get_header();
?>
<div id="tribe-events-pg-template">
    <?php tribe_events_before_html(); ?>
    <?php tribe_get_view(); ?>
    <?php tribe_events_after_html(); ?>
</div> <!-- #tribe-events-pg-template -->
<?php
get_footer();

endif; ?>

More help:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#custom-post-types
archive-{post_type}.php – If the post type is product, WordPress will look for archive-product.php.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.