Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict with BeTheme timeline shortcode in Internet Explorer

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: There is a problem displaying a timeline created by BeTheme. The layout seems to be broken in some browsers after activating Toolset.

Solution:
Turn off Bootstrap in Toolset > Settings > General, and then add the following custom CSS:

.timeline_items * {
    box-sizing: content-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: content-box;
    -webkit-box-sizing: content-box;
}
This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Problem: I use BeTheme, which includes a shortcode to generate a timeline design. When I activate Toolset plugins, the timeline design is broken.

This issue was resolved for other browsers, zee topic https://toolset.com/forums/topic/conflict-with-betheme-shortcode/

However, I recently found out that it still persists in Internet Explorer. Apparently, the fix is not working for that particular browser.

Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 3.04.31 PM.png

Hi, when I visit the page using MSEdge on Win10, I see the timeline shown in the attached screenshot. Can you tell me if there is a specific version of Windows or Internet Explorer I should use to test?

I tested it with MS Edge too, and it displays the timeline just fine.

However, with Internet Explorer 11 the problem does still occur. I got this complaint from a user and confirmed the problem on my own windows 10 computer.

Okay please try the 'content-box' sizing option instead:

.timeline_items * {
    box-sizing: content-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: content-box;
    -webkit-box-sizing: content-box;
}

Thanks, that solution seems to work for all browers.

Great, I will update the other ticket as well.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.