Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict with BeTheme timeline shortcode

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I use BeTheme, which includes a shortcode to generate a timeline design. When I activate Toolset plugins, the timeline design is broken.

Solution:
Turn off Bootstrap in Toolset > Settings > General, and then add the following custom CSS:

.timeline_items * {
    box-sizing: content-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: content-box;
    -webkit-box-sizing: content-box;
}
This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by frederikB 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
dump.png

The latest versions of Types and Views conflict somehow with a shortcode in BeTheme that displays a timeline. The layout of the timeline is all wrong.

An example of the problem can be seen at: hidden link

This is how the timeline item is supposed to look:
hidden link

The problem disappears when i deactive the Types and Views plugins, and reappears when I re-activate either of them.

This is a big problem for me because I use this shortcode a lot at this website.

Hi, as a test, please go to Toolset > Settings > General and scroll down to the Bootstrap section. Choose the option "This site is not using Bootstrap CSS" to temporarily disable Bootstrap, then refresh the page where this timeline should appear. Let me know the results of this test and we can go from there.

Thanks. I tried your suggestion, and temporarily disabled Bootstrap, but I see no change in the layout of the timeline.

Looks okay, now try adding this CSS in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.timeline_items * {
    box-sizing: content-box;
    -moz-box-sizing: content-box;
    -webkit-box-sizing: content-box;
}

Thanks! That did the trick.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.