Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conflict: Trumbowyg & toolset-event-manager.min.js – backspace doesn't work

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Use Trumbowyg editor on a generic post content field in a CRED form.
Trumbowyg: hidden link

The reason I'm using Trumbowyg is that the default visual editor in CRED gives access to too much in the link dialog. This particular CRED form is used in a member area for posting and editing a member-oriented Custom Post Type and I don't want the users to see what else is posted on the website via the link dialog.
Also, it doesn't seem that we have a possibility to configure what we want of buttons etc. in the default CRED visual editor.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (just a dummy site, that showcases the problem)

I expected to see: A fully working Trumbowyg editor in that textarea.

Instead, I got: One thing doesn't work in Trumbowyg - The backspace key. So the user can't delete text using that, which is a bit of a hassle.

I've figured out that it's a conflict between Trumbowyg and this particular javascript:
hidden link

If I block that using browser tools, backspace work again in Trumbowyg,

What does this script do and can I do without it in a form of this particular sort?

Edit: Would something like

wp_dequeue_script( 'toolset-event-manager' );

be possible? As far as I can see, the script is being registered in wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/toolset.assets.manager.class.php

Dear Jakob,

First, that JS file is CRED built-in JS file, it is not recommended to dequeue it, it will conduct other unexpecterd result.
And here is an example to dequeue the JS file:

add_action( 'init', 'my_func', 100);
function my_func(){
wp_dequeue_script( 'toolset-event-manager' );
}

More help:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_dequeue_script

Alternatively, is there any way to trim down the default wysiwyg-editor in CRED?

There isn't such a built-in feature within CRED, please describe more details for what kind of "trim down the default wysiwyg-editor" do you need, we can take it as a feature request, our developers will evaluate it.

Things like:

1) Being able to choose which buttons/elements to use in the editor. Maybe I only need bold, italic and lists buttons. For instance, the "Read more"-button is of no use in a particular case, that I'm working on now. It is only confusing that it's there.

2) A simpler link dialog if I want one there at all. There are cases where I don't want the users of the form to see what's published on the site via Link Options, where you can browse all posts in all post types. Maybe if I could just filter that list to contain only posts in a particular post type, authored by the currently logged in user.

Maybe I will go with CSS hiding of unwanted buttons, but I would rather have them filtered out before the HTML being output.

Thanks for the details, I filed them into our feature request, our developers will evaluate it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.