Skip Navigation

[Resolved] conflict beetween Restrict Content Pro and Toolset

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I'm trying to do a Directory List Website and to do it I've used Toolset to create CPT and Restrict Content Pro to create different membership levels.

I need to restrict 2 forms depending on the subscription level (free and premium).

I use the following code:

[restrict subscription="2,3"] [cred-form form="free form to edit" ] [/restrict]

[restrict subscription="1"] [cred-form form="premium form to edit" ] [/restrict]

But it doesn't show the form where it should be.

I've ruled out that the incompatibility is with other plugins or that it's an elementor problem (I've modeled it with gutenberg and the same thing happens).

I also have the Frontend Access to Post Forms configured correctly.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

No.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

No.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how these involved elements are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the page where these shortcodes are in use?
( it would also help if you could also share the access details for some test users with different subscription levels )

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details, but I couldn't log in to the website's admin area.

Looks like the website's admin area is protected by some IP security restrictions, as I see a blank page when I visit the admin area login page.

I also performed some testing on my website with the Restrict Content plugin, but couldn't reproduce this issue and the forms showed correctly within its "[restrict]" shortcode, as per the membership level.

This suggests that something specific to your website is involved. Can you please disable any GEO IP security restriction from the website's admin area or share a clone/snapshot of the website, instead?
( ref: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ )

Hi Waqar,

sorry!

Yes, I had the Admin Block Country plugin activated.

I have deactivated the puglin, so now it is available.

Thank you very much!

Waqar
Supporter

I've tried again, but now a page with the following message is showing:

Acceso restringido
No tienes acceso a esta página. Por favor, contacta con el administrador de esta web para obtener ayuda.

Hi Waqar,

I guess it was the Under Construction Plugin.

I've put it in OFF.

Sorry for the delays.

Waqar
Supporter

I can access the admin area now, thank you.

Reviewing the setup, there are two things that need to be fixed:

1. The shortcodes for the content restriction seem to be added in the reverse conditions on the "Agrega tu perfil de Electricista" and "Modifica tu perfil de Electricista" pages.

When the IDs of the membership level are passed in the "subscription" attribute in the "restrict" shortcode, the plugin 'shows' the enclosed content only to those members and doesn't "hides" it from them.
( ref: hidden link )

The way your shortcodes are added, the content/form for 'free' members is shown to the 'premium' members, and the content/form for 'premium' members is shown to the 'free' members.

The correct usage on the "Agrega tu perfil de Electricista" page would be:

[restrict subscription="1"]
[cred-form form="formulario-gratuito-para-agregar-un-electricista"] 
[/restrict]

[restrict subscription="2,3"]
[cred-form form="formulario-premium-para-agregar-a-un-electricista"]
[/restrict]

And the correct usage on the "Modifica tu perfil de Electricista" page would be:

[restrict subscription="1"]
[cred-form form="formulario-gratuito-para-editar-a-un-electricista" ]
[/restrict]

[restrict subscription="2,3"]
[cred-form form="formulario-premium-para-editar-a-un-electricista" ]
[/restrict]

2. On the page "Modifica tu perfil de Electricista", you'll still not see the edit forms and only the message "Form type and post type do not match".

This is because the edit forms don't know, which "Electricistas" post to use for editing.

To fix this, you'll:

a). First create a new view to show the "Electricistas" posts, with a post author query filter to show only the posts where the currently logged-in user is the author.

b). The shortcodes of the content restriction and the edit form will need to be moved inside the loop of that view.

c). The shortcode of this new view will be then placed in the "Modifica tu perfil de Electricista" page's content and it will show one edit form for each of the "Electricistas" posts, by the current user.

Hi Waqar,

The missing piece was exactly this one.

I've followed your instructions and it has work wonders, now it works.

Thank you very much! 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.