Skip Navigation

[Resolved] conditional display with multi-checkboxes field type

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
conditional display with multi-checkboxes field type in admin

Solution:
Checkboxes fields are not supported for conditional post field display in admin.

Please note that there are few types of post fields you cannot use as conditions for showing other fields. These fields include the Embedded Media, File Fields (Audio, Video, Image and File Upload field), Multiple Checkboxes field and a WYSIWYG Text Area field. Additionally, repeating fields also cannot be used as conditions for showing other fields.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/conditional-display-with-multi-checkboxes-field-type/#post-746505

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/types-custom-fields-conditional-display/#simple-conditional-fields-logic

This support ticket is created 6 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
toolset-help2.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have built STORES cpt. setting up post fields to collect location specific info. some STORES are open everyday from 11:00am to 9:00pm, and others have slightly different days/hours.

I have a question - 'Open everyday?'

if answer is 'NO', then I want to display checkboxes so user can choose the days of week a STORE is open.

------ to this point everything is fine -------

when user chooses NO, then they need to check the days they are open, and then based on which days checked, then show another set of conditional fields so user can enter Open Time and Close time.

my issue is that I'm not able to set conditional display rule for Open and Close times because my field DAYS OPEN (which is the checkboxes field) is not visible in the list of fields.

==>

1. Open everyday? if NO then
2. Display DAYS OPEN - checkboxes (Mon - Fri) so user can choose days open. this uses conditional display rule for OPEN EVERYDAY.
3. For each day checked, I then want to display 2 select fields - OPEN TIME and CLOSE TIME
4. OPEN and CLOSE time fields only seen based on days checked.

when assigning conditional display rules for select fields for OPEN and CLOSE times, there is no option to set a rule for the DAYS OPEN checkboxes...

does this mean you can't use conditional display rules for checkboxes field type?

LINK - hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - you are right. Checkboxes fields are not supported for conditional post field display.

Please note that there are few types of post fields you cannot use as conditions for showing other fields. These fields include the Embedded Media, File Fields (Audio, Video, Image and File Upload field), Multiple Checkboxes field and a WYSIWYG Text Area field. Additionally, repeating fields also cannot be used as conditions for showing other fields.

More info:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/types-custom-fields-conditional-display/#simple-conditional-fields-logic

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.