Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Conditional Display of field in Custom Field group

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Conditional Display based on the checkboxes custom field on custom field group admin section

Solution:
Please note that there are few types of post fields you cannot use as conditions for showing other fields. These fields include the Embedded Media, File Fields (Audio, Video, Image and File Upload field), Multiple Checkboxes field, and a WYSIWYG Text Area field. Additionally, repeating fields also cannot be used as conditions for showing other fields.

As you can see "Checkboxes" field cant be used for conditional display. That is a limitation.

Relevant Documentation:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/custom-fields-conditional-display/

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
2020-09-20 18_30_40-Edit Group ‹ Sims 3 CC Warehouse — WordPress.png
2020-09-20 18_30_16-Edit Group ‹ Sims 3 CC Warehouse — WordPress.png
2020-09-20 18_29_57-Edit Group ‹ Sims 3 CC Warehouse — WordPress.png

Hi there,

I've created several custom post types, each of which will have their own unique custom fields groups, but I've also created a "global" custom field group which is applied to all of my CPTs. I'm running into an issue with the conditional display of one of the fields. I have a checkmark list of items, and want to have a text field appear only if a specific item on the checkmark list is marked, where the user can type in the requested information. I understand the procedure of how to do that; however, when I click on "add conditions" for the text field in the data-dependent display filters window, the checkmark list field is not listed on the "select custom field" menu. In fact, none of the fields from the global custom fields group is displayed on that menu - only fields from other cpt-specific groups. What am I doing wrong??

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand that you want to display few custom fields on admin add/edit post conditionally - correct? If yes:
- which field you want to display based on conditional output is a single checkbox field or checkboxes field. I mean you have single checkbox field or checkboxes field based on which you want to display the other fields conditionally?

I have a field with multiple checkboxes, called EA Required Content. If the "Store Content" checkbox in the EA Required Content is marked, I want a text field to appear beneath the list of checkboxes where the user can type in the name of the item. I have the text field created, but when I open the data-dependent display filters menu, the EA Required Content field is not on the list of fields to select for conditional display.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

As I was thinking - you are using the checkboxes field.

Please note that there are few types of post fields you cannot use as conditions for showing other fields. These fields include the Embedded Media, File Fields (Audio, Video, Image and File Upload field), Multiple Checkboxes field, and a WYSIWYG Text Area field. Additionally, repeating fields also cannot be used as conditions for showing other fields.

As you can see "Checkboxes" field cant be used for conditional display. That is a limitation.

Please check the following doc:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/custom-fields-conditional-display/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.