Skip Navigation

[Closed] Conditional display of a SELECT option in the front end

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
options.PNG
front end.PNG
front end empty.PNG

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have created a view from a repeatable group with SELECT custom field (screenshots). The SELECT custom field has few options (screenshot). The options in the SELECT are solutions to a problem (climate change).

SELECT
Option 1 = Climate protection projects
Option 2 = Sustainable aviation fuel

In the front end, if the company (custom post) has implemented this solution (option of SELECT) the solution is listed in a table in the front end - screenshot.

If the company has not implemented the solution (option of SELECT) then the solution (an option of SELECT) is empty and nothing will be listed in the front end (or the word "empty" is listed) - screenshot.

What I want to do next is to create another view to be used elsewhere on the site using conditional at the options level of the SELECT, namely the solutions option 1 and/or option 2

SELECT
Option 1 = Climate protection projects
Option 2 = Sustainable aviation fuel

The condition must check if the company has implemented this solution (if option in SELECT is not empty), the condition must show something (a green div for instance or some text). If the company has not implemented this solution (if option in SELECT is empty) then the condition must show something else (a red div for instance or some text)

Is this doable? I couldn't see any examples of how to apply conditional at the option level of a SELECT.

Your feedback and advise is highly appreciated

What is the link to your site?

Hello,

You can display different contents on the field value, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-conditional

For example:

[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-test-seletct-1) eq 'Option-1' )"]
Option 1 selected
[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-test-seletct-1) eq 'Option-2' )"]
Option 2 selected
[/wpv-conditional]
[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-test-seletct-1) eq '' )"]
Non option selected
[/wpv-conditional]
Capture.PNG

Dear Luo Yang

I have run into several issues with implementing the if statement to the option level (custom field content) of the SELECT in the example above.

Without going to much into the details , I have one specific question at this stage:

I have a repeatable group with slug name: airline-sdg-solution-air-2

inside of this group there is a SELECT with three solutions (options)

1- Compostable Cutlery - option-1
2- Sustainable Materials - option-2
3- On demand delivery - option-3

I just want to simply print/display on the front end only one custom field content. For instance to display the first custom field content if the company has implemented the first option, namely; Compostable Cutlery - option-1

Is there a shortcode to display option-1 from the SELECT in the repeatable group? What is the shortcode that displays option one for example

because this shortcode [types field='airline-sdg-solution-air-2'][/types] lists all of the options above which I don't want. I want to deal with the different options in a separate manner.

I have tried the [wpv-conditional] shortcode, it works fine, see below test site:

Login URL:
hidden link

1) Custom post type "Company":
hidden link

2) Custom repeatable field group with select field "airline-sdg-solution-air-2":
hidden link

3) Create a post view:
hidden link
- Query items of repeatable field group
- Filter by:
Select items from the company rfg group that are related to the Post where this View is shown.
- In view's loop, display the [wpv-conditional] shortcode:

[wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-airline-sdg-solution-air-2) eq 'no-value' )"]
                no-value selected
                [/wpv-conditional]
                [wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-airline-sdg-solution-air-2) eq 'compostable-cutlery' )"]
                compostable-cutlery selected
                [/wpv-conditional]
                [wpv-conditional if="( $(wpcf-airline-sdg-solution-air-2) eq 'sustainable-materials' )"]
                sustainable-materials selected
                [/wpv-conditional]

4) Create a test company post, and display above post view:
hidden link

Test it in frontend:
hidden link

It works fine, is there any missing steps?

Thank you dear Luo Yang for the clear explanation. I really appreciate your help.
I would like to keep this ticket open until I implement the solution with your advised steps.
I will come back here in the coming days with my findings.
Thanks in advance for your patience and help

I have marked this thread as "Waiting for feedback" status, you can update here if you still need more assistance for it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Conditional display of a SELECT option in the front end’ is closed to new replies.