Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cloned website not rendering view shortcode

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I migrated a website and haven't made any changes.

I noticed that on the dev site (hidden link) all the toolset shortcodes are working correctly.

On the new site (hidden link), for some reason a shortcode is showing on the front end.

On the above URLs, you'll notice that the bottom half shows images (loaded with a view) correctly on the dev site, but not on the live site.

Can you help?

Hello,

I assume we are talking about the shortcode [viewtemplate] in the problem page you mentioned above:
hidden link

That is not a Toolset shortcode, if you want to display a Toolset content template, please try [wpv-post-body] shortcode, for example:
[wpv-post-body view_template="my-ct-slug"]

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body

Hi Luo.

I figured out the issue. My developer created a custom shortcode called [viewtemplate] because we weren't able to embed a shortcode inside a shortcode and displaying it using divi.

The custom shortcode was added to the "custom code" part of the Toolset Settings page.

When we migrated the website, for some reason the custom code file migrated, but wasn't showing in the "custom code" part of the settings.

I tried to recreate the code but got a warning that the file already exists.

It seems to me that this is a bug when a site is migrated.

My issue is resolved but I wanted to let you know how I fixed it.

Thanks for sharing the solution, it will help other users.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.