Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Clone Existing Post Type

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have two post types that are very similar, and it would sure be helpful to be able to create one of them completely, and then clone it to create the second one.

Another example: The "Post" type already exists, but I want to create a variant of "Post" called "Video Post". Obviously, a full clone of the original type would make the creation process much easier, and much less error prone, especially if there are only minor changes in the clone.

Thanks,

David McLeod

Forgot to mention...obviously, it would be great to extend this cloning idea to views as well. So, in my example above, my "Post Views" would be cloned to "Video Post Views", which I could then easily modify as needed.

Thanks,

David

Dear David,

Q1) Clone Existing Post Type
Yes, you are right, there isn't such a built-in feature within Types plugin, it should be a feature request, our developers will evaluate it

Q2) it would be great to extend this cloning idea to views as well
This is already a built-in feature of Views plugin, you can try these:
Dashboard-> Views
find the specific view, move mouse on the view's title, you should be able to see the "Duplicate" link, it does the same work as your request.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.