Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Classic Editor plugin causing issues with custom fields

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I am working on a site that has a custom theme with the Classic Editor plugin active.

I have created a page that uses the block editor by using a code snippet to enable it.

I am adding a view to that page using Toolset Blocks but the custom fields I have created are not available to me when adding a Single Field block. If I disable the Classic Editor plugin all is well but I can't do that because the rest of the theme relies on it.

Is there are setting I'm missing or something else you can suggest.

Solution:
One possible solution would be:

- remove the code snippet
- go to Generals -> Writing
- in the "Allow users to switch editors" option, select 'yes' and save the page

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lucyD 10 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author

I am working on a site that has a custom theme with the Classic Editor plugin active.

I have created a page that uses the block editor by using a code snippet to enable it.

I am adding a view to that page using Toolset Blocks but the custom fields I have created are not available to me when adding a Single Field block. If I disable the Classic Editor plugin all is well but I can't do that because the rest of the theme relies on it.

Is there are setting I'm missing or something else you can suggest.

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thanks for your contact!

Could you please share with us the code snippet that you're using in order to enable the Block editor? Moreover, is this code only intended for enabling Gutenberg? If it is, then one possible solution would be:

- remove the code snippet
- go to Generals -> Writing
- in the "Allow users to switch editors" option, select 'yes' and save the page

Then check if the issue persists. Please let us know if this could be an option, or if you have already tried that and it does not work for you.

Looking forward to your reply. Thank you.

Regards,
Mateus.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.