Skip Navigation

[Resolved] choice of theme

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Starting a new project

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have not used toolset for quite a while and when returning to your site I clicked on 'recommended themes' and you have not included 'toolset starter' and it is not included under 'toolset components'. I therefore assume that you would not recommend using this theme for a new project so the question is which theme you would recommend for a new, relatively advanced site with custom search and different looking post types with different post fields.
Looking forward to hearing from you / john

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

That is correct our Toolset Starter theme has been removed and deprecated. What I do recommend as simple starter theme is the Astra theme.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks. Here is another question for you.
I just watched a video with Dario in which he created a custom search and the page was designed in Elementor - hidden link
What is the reason for using Elementor for the page design and not Toolset?
If you design your pages in Elementor and at a later stage, you want to update the layout of your (custom post type) pages - can you then just update the template OR do you have to change each and every page?
Best regards / john

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/why-use-elementor/

Hi, Shane is on holiday but I'll be glad to follow up with you in a new ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/why-use-elementor/

We have a one question per ticket policy. Thanks for helping us keep things organized!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.