Skip Navigation

[Resolved] choice of theme

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Starting a new project

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have not used toolset for quite a while and when returning to your site I clicked on 'recommended themes' and you have not included 'toolset starter' and it is not included under 'toolset components'. I therefore assume that you would not recommend using this theme for a new project so the question is which theme you would recommend for a new, relatively advanced site with custom search and different looking post types with different post fields.
Looking forward to hearing from you / john

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

That is correct our Toolset Starter theme has been removed and deprecated. What I do recommend as simple starter theme is the Astra theme.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks. Here is another question for you.
I just watched a video with Dario in which he created a custom search and the page was designed in Elementor - hidden link
What is the reason for using Elementor for the page design and not Toolset?
If you design your pages in Elementor and at a later stage, you want to update the layout of your (custom post type) pages - can you then just update the template OR do you have to change each and every page?
Best regards / john

New threads created by Christian Cox and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/why-use-elementor/

Hi, Shane is on holiday but I'll be glad to follow up with you in a new ticket:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/why-use-elementor/

We have a one question per ticket policy. Thanks for helping us keep things organized!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.