Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Child form didnt connect the parent post after connect

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.48 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by wilfredC 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I created a child form, and I set it already pre-defined the parent.

But when user on the front end submit this form, it won't connect to the parent post when I check it in the dashboard.

[cred_field field='@business-review.parent' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' select_text='--- not set ---' required='true' value='[wpv-post-id]']

It only work when the user choose the parent post themself, but I don't want that.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests on my website with the exact same field code and it worked as expected.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the steps to see the issue?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the access details.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the form to write a review was set to show in a popup, which was affecting the initialization of the "autocomplete" (select2 script) of the relationship field.

I've disabled that for this relationship field, by adding the use_select2='never' attribute to this field's shortcode and it is working as expected now.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/forms/cred-shortcodes/#cred_field )

[cred_field field='@business-review.parent' class='form-control' output='bootstrap' select_text='--- not set ---' required='true' value='[wpv-post-id]' use_select2='never']

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.