Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Changing Name of Field Group disassociate fields

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by HarryT902 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Field change box.JPG

Hi WP-Types,

When I went to re-organize my fields and group existing fields into different groups I think I found a bug. I really like the new feature that will highlight a custom field RED if it is not associated with any grouping, and blue if it is not managed by toolset.

I cleaned out all of my old fields (red fields) not attached to any CPT.

I created a new group of fields and used the Post Field Control to assign an existing field to a new group using the checkbox. That worked.

I then changed the name of an existing group. When I went back to the Post Field Control list, I noticed more red fields. Those disassociated fields were the ones previously existing in the group of which I changed the name. The fields still show under the actual CPT. The Group does not show anymore as an option (checkbox) in the assignment window. The fields do not show an assignment to a group in the Post Field Control list, but they do show up inside the group when I edit the group.

I think this should be fairly straight forward to test/recreate with a dummy site. Let me know if this is a bug with the Field Control list.

Thanks,
Harry

I tried, but could not reproduce this.

Let me check with you if my steps are correct:

1. Create a Custom Field Group
2. Add Some Fields
3. Save
4. Check the assignment of the single Field in the Control Screen
==> It's correctly assigned to my group
5. Change the groups Name
6. Save
7. Check the Field's assignment again
==> It's still assigned to the Group

I am using the stable Types version 2.0.1

Can you try this version?
The version you use is a Development version

I'm going to guess that the development version was the culprit. I switched back to the stable version and voila. When i went to change a group's name it did not disassociate any fields.

Thanks for pointing that out,
Harry

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.