Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Change to Hello Elementor theme.

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matthiasV-2 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Please refer this ticket to Waqar.

We now use the WP Astra theme.
Would it change something to our website if we would change to the Hello Elementor theme to avoid theme styles issues?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Switching the theme shouldn't make any difference to the PHP code and CSS styles loaded through Toolset Views, Forms, and block settings and Toolset's custom code feature. All these elements will stay intact and will keep working with the new theme.

If you've added any custom PHP code or CSS styles through the Astra Theme or its components, they'll be lost. So please make sure to copy that custom code so that it can be added back later.

regards,
Waqar

Which PHP codes and CSS styles will be lost? Do you mean the custom codes that are added through Toolset > settings > custom code?

So you guarantee that the functionality or design will not change by switching from Astra (which is one of the themes that Toolset recommend) to Hello Elementor?

We imported a template kitt called Callista from Envato elements which has some specific design styles (see the video that I sent to your email). Those styles do currently not show. Will they show up when we switch to Hello Elementor?

Waqar
Supporter

> Which PHP codes and CSS styles will be lost? Do you mean the custom codes that are added through Toolset > settings > custom code?

- Any PHP, CSS, or JS code that is added through the Astra theme will be lost. All WordPress themes load their own styles and scripts to control their own design and layout.

The custom code added at Toolset > Settings > Custom code, won't be lost, because it is managed by Toolset and not the active theme.

> So you guarantee that the functionality or design will not change by switching from Astra (which is one of the themes that Toolset recommend) to Hello Elementor?

- I can confirm that Toolset's features and design elements won't be affected by theme switching.

It is correct that the Astra theme is included in Toolset recommended themes, however, this doesn't mean that other themes like Hellow Elementor can't be used with Toolset plugins. I've seen it in use on a number of customer websites.

> We imported a template kitt called Callista from Envato elements which has some specific design styles (see the video that I sent to your email). Those styles do currently not show. Will they show up when we switch to Hello Elementor?

- The Callista template kit's documentation ( hidden link ) and Themeforest page suggest that it only requires the Elementor Pro plugin to work and doesn't mention that you also have to switch to the Hello Elementor theme.

If you're only considering the theme switching for this template kit, it would be a good idea to first consult the author of this kit (
deTheme), to see if you're missing any step or setting.

Waqar,

Can you confirm that there is NO PHP, CSS, or JS code added through the Astra theme?

Waqar
Supporter

I'm afraid, I have no way of knowing whether any custom code has been included in the Astra theme or not.

You, or any other admin/developer who works on the website would know, if any of the files from the Astra theme folder were ever edited directly to add some custom code.

I know that you've been adding the custom code snippets that Toolset support shared in Toolset > Settings > Custom code section and that custom code won't be affected by the theme switch.

If no code has been included in the files in the Astra theme folder, then, yes, you won't lose any custom work after switching the theme.

Here is a useful guide on the topic of what happens when a WordPress theme is switched:
hidden link

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.