Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Change repeating field control texts

This support ticket is created 7 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simon 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
add repeating field - edit form.png
add repeating field - create form.png

I need to change the add and delete button texts on one of my sites. I've added the hooks to do this and it seems to work fine on the edit forms, but not on create forms.
I've included a couple of screenshots one edit form, where you can see the correct texts displaying. On the create form I have hit the add button once and you can see that the delete button text is being set for the second repeat.

Looks as though the hooks are not being run on create forms.

add_filter('toolset_button_delete_repetition_text', 'toolset_button_delete_repetition_text', 10, 2);
function toolset_button_delete_repetition_text($text, $config)
{
    return 'Löschen';
}
add_filter('toolset_button_add_repetition_text', 'toolset_button_add_repetition_text', 10, 2);
function toolset_button_add_repetition_text($text, $config)
{
    return '+ Neues hinzufügen';
}
1121.JPG

Dear Simon,

I assume we are talking about the button text of CRED form, but I can not duplicate same problem in a fresh wordpress installation with the latest version CRED + Types, see screenshot 1121.JPG.

I suggest you check these in your website:
1) You are using the latest version of Toolset plugins
2) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again

Hey Luo,
My apologies - I was running some JS on the page to clear fields and it was removing the button texts.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.