Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Change relationships per page in wp-admin

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi Team,

I see that the Relationships in Toolset's wp-admin page are set by default to be listed only 15 per page, and without the ability to change that via (missing) "screen options" drop-down menu.

Can you help me enable that?

And also help me fix the pagination for the Post Types as well, because even though it has that option in the "screen options" menu, it does not function properly.

I am working on a 5k monitor, and invested In it to use all the real estate of the screen to help me boost my productivity, but right now half of the screen is empty in my Toolset relationships page, which is being listed with pagination, and without the ability to see all relationships at glance. Right now I have 2 pages of relationships that I want to see all in a single page so I can make sure I'm not missing something. Same goes for Post Types.

Thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Your observation is correct and currently there is no option to control the number of items per page, on the relationship management screen in the admin area.

I also couldn't find any built-in filter or hook to customize that number, so I'm afraid, the only option I can share for now is to edit the plugin's file that controls it.
( editing the plugin files is generally not recommended, because future updates will overwrite any changes that you'll make and you'll have to add them again, after every update )

You'll find the code that controls it at line# 492, in the file '/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/relationships/active.php':

'itemsPerPage' => 10, // todo.

I was also able to reproduce the issue of the items per page option not working on the "Post Types" management screen. I've shared this with the concerned team for further review and will keep you updated through this ticket.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

I just tested the solutions for the Relationships section and it worked flawlessly. Awesome!

Also it is great to hear that someone will be taking care of the issue with the Post types screen (which is not as critical to me as the Relationships one) but yet it would be great if it functions as expected.

Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that my suggestion helped.

I'll keep you updated on the "Post Types" edit screen issue.