Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Change Default ADD to Cart Text

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Author

Hi i am trying to change the Text in a view where i have added the Add to Cart Block. Somehow i changed the default text, and now when i change the text in the area that allows for it it not working. Check this quick video showing the issue hidden link

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hey there,

Thank you for providing us with that video. I've taken a look and also tried to replicate the problem on my end. Interestingly, the button label changes worked seamlessly for me when I followed the same steps you did.

This leads me to suspect that there might be another plugin or perhaps the theme itself that's overriding or conflicting with the changes you're trying to make to the "Add to Cart" button text.

To troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

Theme Check: Temporarily switch to a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Twenty or Twenty Twenty-One) and see if the button label change works. If it does, the issue might be with your current theme.

Plugin Conflict: Deactivate all plugins except for the one responsible for the "Add to Cart" block. After deactivating, try changing the button label again. If it works, the conflict is with one of the other plugins. To pinpoint which plugin is causing the conflict, reactivate each plugin one by one, checking the button label change after each activation.

Caching: Sometimes, caching mechanisms (either via plugins or from your hosting provider) can serve an older version of your site, making it seem like changes aren't being applied. Ensure you clear any caches after making changes.

Custom Scripts: Check if there are any custom scripts or code snippets added to your site that might be modifying the button text. These could be in your theme's functions.php file or added via a custom code plugin.

Once you've identified the source of the conflict, we can look into more specific solutions for that particular plugin or theme.

If you're uncomfortable performing any of these steps or need further guidance, please let me know, and I'd be more than happy to assist further!

Best regards,
Mateus

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.