Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Carousel slider navigation not working properly

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Timothy 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: Click the next and previous button of the slider to navigate to another slide

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link when you click the next and previous button it goes to another slide. I don't see any error in inspector console.

Instead, I got: nothing when you click the buttons. There is no actions triggered.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, so that I can see how this view is set up in the admin area?

Note: Your next reply will be private and though no changes will be made on your website, please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Timothy,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I've checked the slider and noticed that the next and previous navigation links were working, but the transition was slow because there was no "pre-loading" enabled.

I've enabled the "Pre-load the next and previous pages - avoids loading delays when users move between pages" option and now the transition is much smoother.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks, this does make the arrows work more quickly but they are only sliding left, even when the left or right arrows are clicked. Actually I see it is moving to the next or previous set of 5 images, but the movement is a left slide. Know what I mean? That can't be the normal behavior is it? If I click the left/previous arrow it should be a "left slide" movement and if I click the right/next arrow it should be a "right slide" movement. Correct?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for writing back.

That is the expected behavior, since "Slide Left" is selected in the view's transition effect option:
Screenshot: hidden link

Toolset View's pagination setting works differently than regular carousal plugins where bi-directional scrolling is available. In Toolset Views, the next and previous results are loaded on demand, and the selected transition effect is applied, when they become visible, regardless if its the next page or the previous one.

If you'd like to avoid the scrolling in a single direction, you can select "Fade", "Slide Up" or "Slide Down" transition effect too.

regards,
Waqar

I see. Maybe bi-directional scrolling could be a future feature? Seems a bit more intuitive when clicking left/right arrows, no?

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Timothy,

Yes, bi-directional scrolling seems like a useful feature and you're welcome to submit it as a feature request at:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.