Skip Navigation

[Closed] Captions in Image Slider Block are being displayed in the wrong language

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
Screenshot_20210108_102503.png
Screenshot_20210108_102348.png

Some context: I have a custom post type with an image repeater field. This image field is used to display an image slider on a page using the toolset image slider block. When I visit the Dutch version (default language) of my website, the captions on the slider are displayed in French.

I am trying to: Display an image slider with captions in the current language.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The Dutch caption for the first image is "python", instead the French translation (currently set as "fr") is displayed. Same for the image to the left of the first image. Dutch caption is "Motorkap tractor RAL 1028", instead the French translation "Motorkap tractor RAL 1028-FR" is displayed. See attached screenshot for the caption translations in WPML media.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I suppose that you are talking about this hidden link right?
Can you confirm that all the items of the repeatable field are translated?

I think, that I should take a closer look to the admin area as an administrator to check the current setup and what's not working as expected. If you would agree, your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Hello Jamal

Please see the private message for credentials. The media is "translated" automatically: Dutch fields are copied to the French translation. I only noticed the problem when I tried to change one of the captions. The caption frontend wasn't changing so I looked further into it and that's when I noticed the frontend was actually displaying the French captions instead of the Dutch ones.

It's really strange because Dutch is the default language, not French. I could understand if the French translation was showing the original Dutch captions, but not the other way around.

Jamal
Supporter

From what I gathered so far, you are using a view(ID: 2067) that returns only one post(ID: 2092) which displays using a block-based content template(2068) that holds a Slider block.

I checked the image and it is indeed translated. I have also created a translation for the post(ID: 2092, but that did not help.

I tested with a new content template, but it does not help either hidden link

WPML->Support->Troubleshooting actions did not help too.

So, I tried a clean install and I was able to reproduce the issue. You can check how French translation are appearing in the default language (Spanish) here hidden link

Let me escalate this to our 2nd Tier and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

That is correct. Ok, glad you could recreate it and it's not just an issue with the website.
Hopefully 2nd Tier support will be able to come up with a solution!

Hello Jamal

Do you have an update regarding this issue? It's currently the only thing blocking the launch of the website, so I need a timeline I can communicate to the client.

Thank you.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

This issue is now assigned to a developer but it is not yet fixed. I can't tell when it will be. All I can do is get back to you as soon as we have progress on it.

Our sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

Hello

Two months have passed since there was an update on this issue. I have updated to the latest version of Types and Blocks, yet this is issue is still not resolved. Very frustrating!

Jamal
Supporter

I understand the frustration you may feel because this is taking this long time. The issue involves different parts of the code, from different plugins and it's not that easy to fix. The developers, from different teams, are working to find a fix.

I'll get back to you as soon as we have a fix or a workaround. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Jamal
Supporter

Hello again! This issue has been fixed and released in this week's update. Please make a full backup and update Toolset plugins and WPML plugins to the latest release.
I highly recommend testing the update in a staging site before applying it on the live site.

The topic ‘[Closed] Captions in Image Slider Block are being displayed in the wrong language’ is closed to new replies.