Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't get Microsoft/Azure maps to render custom markers or popups correctly

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I'm building maps using Microsoft/Azure. I've tried to add custom markers as both .png files and as .svg renders, and yet the map doesn't display the markers correctly. The markers get 'squished' horizontally, so they're not as wide as the image I uploaded.

You can see an example here: hidden link

The marker on the map should appear in the ratio it does next to the address to the right of the map. This appears to be a toolset bug, as regardless of the icon I attempt to use it gets squished. Is there a fix for this?

Second question - when I add popups to markers in Azure maps, the popups get cutoff by the edges of the map. See here: hidden link. The zoom level puts the markers at the corners of the map. If you click on a marker you'll see there's a popup that gets cutoff. Is there a way to fix this so the map adjusts and the popups are fully visible on click?

The popup feature doesn't seem very useful otherwise.

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how these maps and map markers are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you for sharing the access details.

1). Map Marker Icon:

On the post page 'Allergy Partners of East Texas - Longview', I noticed that the address text icon was using the image file: /wp-content/uploads/2024/04/map-marker.png

But, for the map marker, a different file, was in use: /wp-content/uploads/2024/05/map-marker32.png

In the template 'Locations', I've updated the map shortcode to use the same file and the map marker icon is showing correctly, now.

Note: I've also used the same marker image file for the view used on the 'Ashley Griffin, Practice Manager' provider post.

2). Map Marker Popup:

I've performed some testing and research, but couldn't find any option or code to automatically center the map marker's popup on click.

The way it works, it opens and position with respect to the position of the map marker and not with respect to the visible map area.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.