Skip Navigation

[Resolved] can't figure out why code displays in cred form

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rich 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
2016-04-15_183736.jpg

CRED post form: Edit Product (copied from classified)
see it here:
hidden link

Here's the code in the cred form:

<div class="cred-field cred-field-_featured_image">
<label class="cred-label">Featured Image - (only appears on left side of list - use 150px x 150px image if possible)</label>
[cred_field field='_featured_image' value='' urlparam='']
</div>

Here's how it appears (some images appear too - see attached):

Featured Image (only appears on left side of list - use 150px x 150px image if possible)
Clear" class="js-wpv-credfile-hidden wpt-form-hidden form-hidden" data-wpt-type="file" data-wpt-id="cred_form_5897_1__featured_image_hidden" data-wpt-name="_featured_image" /> Choose File
" res="logo" disabled="disabled" style="display:none" data-wpt-validate="{"extension":{"args":["bmp|gif|ico|jpeg|jpg|png|svg|webp"],"message":"You can add only images."}}" data-wpt-field-title="Featured Image" data-wpt-type="file" data-wpt-id="cred_form_5897_1__featured_image_file" data-wpt-name="_featured_image" />
logo
logo

I couldn't find 'debug' in the new toolset menu

I have not received an email notice that this request was logged or assigned.
thank you

Let's see, I have deployed this locally, for a native Post Type and used the native (as you do) featured image with the exact same text.

It displays fine, even your copy and paste code from above.

1. I created the Form with the AutoGenerate button

2. Also added your provided example code

3. Inserted the Form to a page and viewed it.

I can see the field Upload button and no code is displayed.

The error must be somewhere else in the CRED Code, or in a Custom Code you added

Can you follow the above steps to see if those solve the problem?

Thank you

Beda:
I created a new cred form (id 6250). It looked ok until I selected edit and added an image. After 'submit' the page has code. I went back to change the image a second time and now I can't 'submit', as I get a message: Expiry Date Please enter a valid date. The form won't accept any date I try now. You can see the new form here:
hidden link
The original form is here:
hidden link
Thanks for you help
Rich

I see. Strangely I have had seen this in past, it was due to a PHP issue.
Might you send me your php-info?
Or you can check yourself if MB String module is enabled on your server.

If it is, then I would eventually also need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site.
This is also a reason the backup is really important

✙ Please add the Links to:

- The CRED Edit Screen

- The Page/Post where you insert the CRED Form

- The corresponding Front End Page/Screen

- I will need access to a Toolset only install, or, where all Plugins are disabled.

- I will need to create and submit content.

I can not proceed without all above informations and confirmations.

Thank you

Also, my links on this page no longer work:
hidden link
clicking a link (for example 'account settings') goes to the following page:
hidden link
which resolves to a 404 page
Do you think this is related in some way to the other problem I'm having?

[wpml-post-languages] is a Custom ShortCode that is probably from a Framework you installed.

For it to work you need WPML and Toolset and the related Custom Plugins which where shipped with the particular Framework.

If you don't have the Plugins and Theme, the ShortCode won't be executed.

Did you actually build your Site on the base of a Framework?
And then removed the Theme and Plugins?

This will not work, if you still call the same Code in Layouts, CRED forms and such.

Actually I think you used the Classifieds Framework

Can you ensure you use all Software Shipped with it?

Does it solve the issue?

Thank you

links to 404.jpg
code in edit page.jpg

Thanks Beda for your research on the [wpml] issue.

Are you still working on the other 2 issues shown here?

The code appearing on the user 'edit' interface:
hidden link
and
the links on this page that no longer work:
hidden link

Beda:

3 Issues occured with adding a new listing:

1) When a new user placed an ad, the classified system used the word in front of the @ of their email address as their username. This isn't good, as more than one person might have 'info' or 'support' in their email address.

2) The user name was not displayed to the new user, so they couldn't log in again.

3) The new advertiser couldn't add an image to the listing description.
The new user has a Role of 'Customer'. Is it possible that Role isn't allowed to add media to the description area of a listing? When I edit the Customer's listing as administrator, I have the option to add media using the media button. Note: I selected allow media option* in the CRED Post Forms,(#5897 and #5895).

*Allow Media Insert button in Post Content Rich Text Editor

Thank you for your help!
Rich

Beda:
Forgot to mention I fixed this issue mentioned earlier:

the links on this page that no longer work:
hidden link

Just needed to use single quotes in an area where double quotes were used.

We are going off topic here

Please open one ticket for each doubt or issue you might have.
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/#support-request-guidelines

So, we are trying to solve the issue with the Code displayed in your CRED Form when you add a Featured Image.

If that issue is not solved (at least I was not able to solve it on your Install), can you send me a Duplicator Snapshot of your Website?

I will then make some tests locally and get back at you with a solution.

The reason is, It is time waste to debug this on your Website online, as I will need to approach this step by step and re-introduce your Contents and Logics one by one. Locally this takes a few minutes and online, due to Reload and Load times, up to some hours.

Please can you send me the Data requested?

I would need a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

Thank you

I would need to know if your issue is really solved.

If so, can you let me know how you saved it?

I refere to the Threads topic:
"can't figure out why code displays in CRED form"

Thank you

I just put the project on hold. To many problems now and I have other clients that I need to work on.

The problems I was happening might be caused by Chrome. I noticed after saving and reloading a CRED form, some quotes were converted to the ascii symbol name: "

It also happened with Firefox, but not with MS Edge.

I'm thinking of starting over with a fresh download of 'classified' and work on it in MS Edge only.

Thanks for your time!
Regards,
Rich

Beda:
I hope you can still see this.

I looked at the 'in browser' source code for my CRED form #5897 and saw a strange link for the Featured Image, as shown here:

src="hidden link"

I entered i2.wp.com into the browser and my wp.com dashboard appeared. I have no clue why this link was in the CRED form.

I deactivated JetPack and the problem went away and strangely, after reactivating it the problem did not come back.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.