Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't edit post form

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ericE-4 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
2.png
1.png

I am trying to: edit the post form that I created. On the Edit Port Form page, I see "Please, select a post type before creating a Form" in the Form Editor section (see. image 1). The post type has definitely been selected. In the JS console, there are 2 errors (see image 2).

I have tried disabling all plugins (except Toolset) and the problem still occurs .

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Eric,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

When I checked your form "Post New Deal", the "Deals" post type was showing selected, but it seems that for some reason it was not updated in the form's settings.

On saving the form again, the post type is now selected properly and the edit screen is no longer showing that message.

As for console error "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getCurrentPostId' of null", this is already reported and shows when the classic editor is in use. A fix for this is planned to be included in the next Types release.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Thanks, I can edit the form now. However, I noticed that all the setup I had done ( I set up several fields) was missing.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.