Skip Navigation

[Closed] can't edit page using views

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:

understand why I can't edit these WP views [wpv-view name="projects-display-and-filter-passive-house"] [wpv-view name="projects-display-and-filter-sustainable"] are now breaking the page when they page was fine until recently.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:

the wordpress shortcut edit bar on the top of the page, the text on the screen

Instead, I got:

a blank page on hidden link, and a page with no WP top edit bar on the page I just created using those same views:

Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 12.57.05 PM.png

When Tooslet Views is disabled, the page works as expected.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

From looking into the page's source code, it looks like some conflict with the custom code or third-party plugin is breaking the page's markup. I couldn't spot anything unusual in those two views, though.

To troubleshoot this, it would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

In case the issue still persists, I'll need your permission to download the clone/snapshot of the website, to investigate this on a different server.

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

The topic ‘[Closed] can't edit page using views’ is closed to new replies.