Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can’t edit Content Templates in Opera anymore

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I am seeing JS errors when using Types since it's been updated, in specific browsers only.
The errors are like "Uncaught ReferenceError: Unable to process binding "spinnerActive: function(){return isAnySectionUpdating }"

Solution:
This can be due to cached versions of JS files that where not flushed by the Toolset Plugins updates.
Helpful it is to clear the browser cache in such situations.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Thomas AMX 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi guys,

After the latest update I cannot edit my Content Templates in Opera anymore (which is my preferred browser for this job).
After opening a CT I see only the slug field and description field. The template part doesn't show up.

The console says:

Uncaught ReferenceError: Unable to process binding "spinnerActive: function(){return isAnySectionUpdating }"
    at spinnerActive (eval at parseBindingsString (knockout-3.4.0.js:68), <anonymous>:3:66)
    at update (ct-editor.js:1673)
    at function.a.B.i (knockout-3.4.0.js:72)
    at Function.Pc (knockout-3.4.0.js:51)
    at Function.Qc (knockout-3.4.0.js:51)
    at Function.aa (knockout-3.4.0.js:50)
    at Object.a.m.a.B (knockout-3.4.0.js:49)
    at knockout-3.4.0.js:72
    at Object.q (knockout-3.4.0.js:11)
    at m (knockout-3.4.0.js:71)

I can edit them in Chrome though, so it looks like "it's you guys this time, not me" 🙂
Tried restarting Opera, doesn't help. Looks like Opera doesn't like the updated ct-editor.js.

It's not an urgent matter if it works in another browser, but I really got used to working in Opera on this site...

Guys, please fix it when you get a chance.

Cheers
Tom

I can't confirm this issue, please refer to the Screenshot attached (opera on mac, fresh install)
Also, the error you mention likely should appear on all browsers - unless a browser is, for example, outdated or corrupt.
This because the error mentions an undefined function, which is unlikely to be defined on another browser, if really a code issue, since undefined would mean, not determined, and that part happens in the code.

Can you please test this on a fresh Opera install?
Are you using MAC or Windows? If you use Windows, I can ask some colleagues to repeat the tests.
Oper users often use Linux, please let me know in case that is the OS you use, we can also test that (I personally can't but some colleagues would take over in case)

It is remarkable that this issue started happening after the update of Toolset, which might be due to a corrupt file.
Can you also try to re-install Toolset manually to ensure you have complete files on your system?

Hello Beda,

It's Windows, but I have already found a solution.

When you mentioned 'a corrupt' browser, it prompted me to test a simple thing: clearing the browser's cache.
And it worked.

It looks like the function was undefined in the old and cached version of the file.

Thanks, have a great weekend.
Tom

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.