Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't Delete Unused Views

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have two views that I am no longer using. I have moved them both to the trash, but I cannot delete them permanently. In every case, I get a popup with a "Scan" button. When I click that button, it does a scan and says "Nothing Found", but the "Delete" button is still grayed out.

There is a bug here that I don't understand.

David McLeod

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please try these:

1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the view URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Sorry, too late. I got tired of waiting and manually deleted the posts and related metadata from the database.

I had to do this because I was trying to recreate a new view with the same name/slug as the one in the trash, and it wouldn't let me do it.

For the record, my new views are working correctly, so the problem is solved. But I have no idea why the code wouldn't activate the "Delete" button in the first place.

There has to be a better way to trouble-shoot these problems. Turning plugins off and then back on again is a painstaking process, and doesn't always solve the problem, so it ends up being a waste of time as well.

For the new question:
But I have no idea why the code wouldn't activate the "Delete" button in the first place.

Since I don't have a copy of your website, I am not sure where is the problem, you might put that specific view's shortcode into contents created with some other plugin, but the scan button is not able to find it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.