Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can’t add a dynamic image

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was unable to choose the featured image in an Image block inside an archive template.

Solution:
Because the archive template is assigned to a taxonomy, we can't tell what custom post types it will display and if they implement the featured image.
This will be fixed in the future.

In the meantime, I have added an image using the "Fields&Text" block. Check these steps:
1. Use the "Toolset" button http://prntscr.com/137sqj2
2. Choose the featured image http://prntscr.com/137srew
3. Choose additional options for the image http://prntscr.com/137ssqo
And these are the results http://prntscr.com/137stnm

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Annie 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Ok, thanks, I deleted and re-created the page and I've got that working now. But I ran into another issue on the same page, when I try to have it output a dynamic image (I'm trying to output a thumbnail of the featured image from the custom post type), the only two options for the Post Source are "Current Editor Color" and "Other post." I'm not sure where it's getting the "Current Editor Color" thing from, it seems like something's mixed up.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I assume that you are working on an archive template that is assigned to a taxonomy, right? If that's the case, our developers are already aware of this issue and will handle it in an upcoming release. When working on a taxonomy archive, Toolset cannot, yet, determine what post type will be returned, because taxonomies can be assigned to multiple post types, that's why it only return the default field(Featured image is not a default field, as it needs to be activated in the post type definition in Toolset->Post Types).

As a workaround, I suggest that you use the "Fields&Text" block, and use the Views button to generate a shortcode for the featured image. Does it make sense?

If no, please allow me temporary access to your website and let me check if closely. Please share the URL from the backend of this archive template.
Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Thank you for the credentials. Indeed the archive template is assigned to the custom post type, and to an attached taxonomy.

Currently, you are using an outdated version of Toolset Types and Blocks. Please update the plugins and try again.

In the meantime, I have added an image using the "Fields&Text" block. Check these steps:
1. Use the "Toolset" button hidden link
2. Choose the featured image hidden link
3. Choose additional options for the image hidden link
And these are the results hidden link

After updating Toolset plugins, if you are still unable to add the featured image using an Image block, we'll need to check in a minimal setup, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty-Twenty. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at a time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If the issue persists, I'll need to take a copy of your website for further debugging. Let me know if that's fine with you.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.