Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Can't access Views

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ian Henderson 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Edit a View on a dev site. The site is a copy of an old site that was backed up and migrated to a new site with Updraftplus, so all the content (including Toolset Types, Views, etc.) was all there to be edited. However, the admins of the dev site can't access Views for some reason. It doesn't appear under the Toolset menu, and when trying to edit a View from the frontend it gives an error message saying access denied.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Views under the Toolset menu.

Instead, I got: No access to Views.

PS: I've already tried disabling all plugins other than Types and Views and using the default theme, as well as reinstalling Views. Nothing has solved the problem. Please let me know if you need admin access to investigate the issue and I will create an account for you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please go to the Toolset => Settings page and scroll to the "Editing experience" section and check what option is selected.

To display "views" as submenu item under Toolset menu, you should either select the option:
- Show only the legacy interface for designing with shortcodes
or
- Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build

Hopefull above information will help you to resolve the issue but If the above solution does not help then it will be another issue where I need to check further and for that, I will require admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.