Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot see my new custom field in gravity forms to link the two together.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.63 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by derekC-3 8 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I created a new custom field (email). I currently have custome fields created and linked to my gravity form. But, when I created the new custom field I am unable to see it on the gravity form side to link the new field to the form input. Is there something I am missing?

thanks,

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

1. I created a new custom field (email).

Do you have created it with Types?

2. I currently have custome fields created and linked to my gravity form. But, when I created the new custom field I am unable to see it on the gravity form side to link the new field to the form input. Is there something I am missing?

I am not sure how you achieved this earlier?
Can you elaborate on the process you need to take, to make Types Custom Fields available in Gravity Forms?

What is very possible, is that you did not yet save any meta data with the field at all?
It then is not "existent" but only the Key of the Field is.

Can you try to save such a field at least once, with a dummy content?
Is it appearing then?

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

How do i save the meta data? I do not see that field. In gravity forms there is an option where I can choose the existing custom fields I have created in types via a drop down. I see all the custom fields I have created except for the email field which is the new one I have recently added.

You save the meta_data by save such a field at least once, with a dummy content.

Head to the Post Type where you have added that Custom Field and save the Post with a value in that Field once.

If it's a User Custom Field, save a user with a value in that Field.

Then head back to gravity forms and check if it's there.

Previously, you just added fields and they were in gravity forms straight away?

Then it should also work by now, I do not know of any issues with Gravity Forms surged on latest updates.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Hi, i am still not able to see the new custom field I added. It is unavailable to me when I try to map it to the gravity form.

Thanks for the Details

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ Please add a link to the Types Custom Field Edit Screen where the field is visible
✙ Please add a link to the screen of Gravity Forms, where you include that Field
✙ I will need to create a Dummy Custom Field for testing.

Please could you provide me the additional Infos, and as well permit me to perform the required steps?

Looks like it is working now. Not sure what did it. Maybe it was fixed when i updated the types plugin. thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.