Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot remove existing Loop item content template from Views

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jennyleeS 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 6.10.48 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 5.46.32 AM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

Refer to screenshot from View, Content Template "Loop item in Program Chapter Horizontal List - Home" was the previous template used in this View. I don't need it anymore, I assigned another content template "Loop item in Column Horizontal List - Home" but I could not able to remove the previous one.

From the Content Template list, there is no checkbox for me to select and un-assign it.

I confirm all my Toolset plugins are the most up-to-date.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - I'm able to reproduce this issue. Please allow me to consult our developers on this and I'll get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Minesh
Supporter

That content template will be removed from that list once you fully delete the related View which is currently Trashed.

You can fully remove the View in Views > Views > Trash.

Loop Item content templates are automatically deleted when you run the Loop wizard again and uncheck the checkbox "Use a Content Template to group the fields in this View loop".

Those only disappear / delete after you delete the related View fully.

Dear Minesh,

Yes, I can delete the template if I delete the associated View, what if I want to change the template rather then remove the View? I want to have different template for my client review.

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Minesh
Supporter

You can try to detach existing content template when you try to run the wizard again and uncheck the checkbox "Use a Content Template to group the fields in this View loop" on wizard's second step.

Then try to attach a new content template.

Please be aware that detaching a template means an automatically deletion of it. It would be nice to have the option of detaching a content template without having to lose everything. I re-run the wizard as Minesh suggested and the next thing I knew is that my content template was gone and nowhere to be found.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.