Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cannot load reference site

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to download and install reference Site with Framework Installer?

Solution:
1. Reset your Database

2. Delete all Plugins you have in your FTP

3. Install all Plugins from here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

4. Get the Framework Installer from above same page

5. In your WP Admin, activate the Framework installer

6. If requested, reset the Database again

7. Activate and run the Framework installer

8. Install your preferred Test Site

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by markus 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: load a reference site

I visited this URL:ubo.com.au

I expected to see: a reference site loaded

Instead, I got:almighty frustrated, i paid my money now I want it to work.

Please follow this instructions to install a reference site on your server:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/fatal-error-call-to-undefined-function-render_view/#post-371355

If that does not work or is not along your goal, could you please elaborate a little more on this point, so I can better understand?

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

I will need to know what you do, what you see and what you expect.

Also it will be necessary to know if any errors are thrown or messages displayed.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists and let me know if you have further questions regarding the issue mentioned in this Thread

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda,

Still no luck..
I reset the entire DDBB and started again, reloaded the plugins, activated them all, ran the Framework installer..did the reset again as required & still not able to install the reference site...please help.

Hi Beda,

Deleted every plugin, all content, followed the instruction in the support post...to the letter..

and still am not able to load the reference site.
Can one of you try?
Please.

Hi Beda,

The instructions in https://toolset.com/forums/topic/fatal-error-call-to-undefined-function-render_view/#post-371355 weren't as clear as they could be.
1. I re-installed wordpress.
2. I installed and activated all the plug-ins you specified, then the framework installer and did all the resets etc. as the support post instructs >>> no happiness.

I did, however, achieve success by:
1. Ensuring the very 1st plug-in to install & activate was the framework installer.
2. During the activation, it (the framework installer) downloaded & activated the required plugins except the comment validator & the woocommerce views plugins.. (I had to do the manually).
3. While I was grinding through this, I could see the various reference sites become "install-able".

= SUCCESS

4. I'm now so happy I think I'll go and drink beer.
5. Cheers

ice_screenshot_20170327-111219.png

I don´t see the problem as solved at all. Just like apparently the other users here I reset the database multiple times (as I did already when I bought the freakin plugin) and finding myself again in the same endless cycle of getting the message that the reference site can´t be installed. I hoped if I waited a little for updates this issue could be solved but no results. This is so extremely frustrating. Can´t you just provide a file to upload via FTP to solve this ?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.